Shrimp Mojito Tapas with Honey Red Pepper Mint Dressing Saladette
Makes 6 servings
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves only
- pinch sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons red bell peppers, finely minced
- 1/2 large Spanish onion, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon pickling spice, wrapped and tied in cheesecloth
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 dozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups frisee lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- 6 large radicchio leaves
Combine in a blender the honey, lemon juice, garlic, mint, cilantro leaves and salt. Pulse until bended. Drizzle in the oil. Fold in the red peppers. Refrigerate.
In a large pot, combine the onion, pickling spice and chopped cilantro with 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes to flavor the water. Add the shrimp, cover and cook for about 3.5 minutes until the shrimp are cooked. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice bath until they cool. Drain the shrimp.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 of the dressing and in another bowl, toss the frisee with the other half of the dressing.
Place the radicchio leaves on large chilled plates. Fill each leaf half way with frisee and top with 2 shrimps each.
Recipes from The National Honey Board